Clear, Thin-Mil Floor Coatings
The Look of Polished Concrete without the Hassle
- Use the natural beauty of your concrete floor
- Go with high sheen or matte finish
- May include high-wear, tabular aluminum for extreme scratch resistance
- Low maintenance
- Common choice for commercial and industrial floor coatings
Clear, thin-mil coatings are often referred to as “nude floors”, since the underlying concrete shows completely. The coatings can be combined with other flooring choices to create stunning results, such as:
- Dyes – translucent color to the existing cement paste
- Integral color – color is added to the concrete before installation
- Acid staining – concrete is permanently changed using special acids
- Colored aggregate – add colored stones or other materials to the concrete during final flatwork
“Nude” Coatings Examples
Frequently Asked Questions
Specialty floor coatings exist to protect against acid and solvents spills (or full immersion). We have assisted many customers with these special epoxies, called Novolac epoxy.
Our floor coatings are not sold to the general public, as special training and equipment is normally involved in the installation process. In addition, these chemicals require specific surface preparation (such as diamond grinding or shot blasting) to properly adhere.