Pool House floor gets epoxy face-lift at Bren Mar Recreation Association
We recently assisted the Bren Mar Recreation Association with renovations to their Pool House/Guard House (located in Alexandria, Virginia). Renovations were completed in time for a normal, annual opening around Memorial Day.
- In some locations, the existing floor paints were peeling.
- The rubber mats used over the floor paints held moisture and were difficult to clean/remove trapped dirt & debris.
- Generally, the existing flooring solutions were unsightly.
- They knew our coatings have been used successfully in commercial pool houses in northern Virginia, northern Maryland and central Pennsylvania.
- Stronghold Floors could tailor the decorative chips used in the epoxy & polyurethane coatings to their desired color pallet.
- We are a licensed Virginia contractor in the Commercial Improvement Contractor specialty.
This 1,500 square foot flooring project required our crews to remove old paints, coatings and glues. We utilized several different types of tooling under our HTC floor grinders to fully remove all floor paint and glues; ending with the concrete’s surface ground open to white concrete. We also needed to repair typical concrete cracking and a more extensive issue with corner of the pool house’s concrete slab.
What about our epoxy coatings around a residential pool?
Content here.Regarding the actual concrete pool deck, the simplest option is to seal the concrete with a soak-in, hydrophobic sealer such as CSF-21 Silane/Siloxane Penetrating Sealer. More can be learned in the article: Protect Your Concrete In-Ground Swimming Pool Deck With Sealer.