Installed Location: Hershey (Dauphin County), Pennsylvania
When Sandy and Carl approached Steve (our PA Sales Manager/General Manager), he had no idea that:
- They had purchased coatings for their prior home in Hershey from us when we were PremierGarage of Central Pennsylvania.
- He (Steve) had gone to the beach with Carl back when they were in high school.
Garage Floor Coatings in the Old Home
In May of 2008, our crews had installed a PremierOne, hybrid polymer coating in their 560 square foot garage. They had selected our Sedona chip finish (we now refer to it as the York 1/4″ decorative chip blend). Pulling up their old work order, it shows our crews fixed some minor spalling on the apron of the garage (where the concrete goes out past the garage door) and dealt with some minor spots of oil and rust. They had repaired these areas, cleaned up the tool joint which traversed the concrete slab and applied solid color coatings to the stem walls (where the concrete walls rise vertically to meet the wood framing/drywall.
While this coating looked great and exhibited great abrasion resistance, it lacked several characteristics of our Stronghold Floors Epoxy/Polyaspartic coatings:
- Our current coatings are considerably thicker, which improves wear resistance and durability.
- Our current coatings are thick enough to be re-coated with a new clear coat when the need arises.
- Our current coatings are repaired much easier than the old PremierOne coatings.
We tried to find pictures of the 2008 project, but we didn’t do a good job of taking photos then. So much easier now with the cameras that are part of our smartphones.
Epoxy Coatings in the new Hershey Home
Jump forward to September 2015 and one of our PA crews coated their new Hershey, 650 square foot garage over a 3 day period (the additional day was necessary due to the tall concrete wall that also received our coatings).
- Day 1: Applied base coatings to stem walls, including a tall wall under a wood landing.
- Day 2: Prepared main floor via diamond grinding. Fill zip strips with epoxy crack filler. Apply base coat of epoxy with full broadcast of chips.
- Day 3: Remove excess chips. Apply clear, polyaspartic urethane topcoat to all surfaces.
System Color: Delaware 1/4″ on Camel Tan
Typically, applying our coatings to a residential garage only takes 1.5 days. Tall stem walls, present in this garage, can add an extra day to ensure that the vertical coatings can be applied without contaminating the horizontal coatings.