Installed Location: Dillsburg (York County), Pennsylvania
The Frosty Llama Frozen Yogurt Shop
System Description: 4 Layer Metallic Epoxy Coatings
- Primer coat: High solids, water based epoxy primer
- Base coat: 100% solids, pigmented BLACK epoxy
- Mid coat: 100% solids, clear UV resistant epoxy with Dolphin metallic pigment
- Top coat: High-Wear urethane with tabular aluminum oxide additive
System Color: Dolphin
System Usage: Entire floor (including bathrooms) of the establishment.
This concrete floor was originally 2000 square feet that consisted of numerous, separated pads and many linear feet of trenching. It had glues and mastics on approximately 25% of the entire surface.
- All joints and cracks were chased out and then filled with a thickened epoxies.
- Entire surface was diamond ground using our planetary grinders.
- Epoxy and urethane coatings were applied over a four day period (the layers are described above).
- System was allowed to cure over a 3 day period and then returned to service.
This metallic epoxy coating system requires just normal maintenance by sweeping, mopping or scrubbing. The owner does plan to use our special polymer wax to enhance the ease of maintenance.