Installed Location: Hunt Valley (Baltimore County), Maryland
System Description: 2 Layer Decorative Flake Epoxy Coatings
- Base coat: 100% solids, pigmented MEDIUM GRAY epoxy with full broadcast of our Kent 1/4″ decorative chips
- Top coat: 100% solids, clear UV resistant epoxy with 46 grit aluminum oxide
System Color: Kent on Medium Gray
System Usage: Offices, hallways and clean room in the new addition.
This concrete floor was originally 2000 square feet that consisted of numerous, separated pads. It had glues and mastic on much the entire surface.
- All joints and cracks were chased out and then filled with a thickened epoxies.
- Entire surface was diamond ground using our planetary grinders.
- Epoxy coatings were applied over a three day period (the layers are described above).
- System was allowed to cure over a 3 day period and then returned to service.
This decorative chip epoxy coating system requires just normal maintenance by sweeping, mopping or scrubbing.