100% Solids Epoxy Flooring in Walk-In Coolers
Save-A-Lot Grocery Store in Harrisburg, PA
Project Details at a Glance
|LOCATION||Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (Dauphin County)|
|PROJECT||Commercial Floor Coatings|
|COATING SYSTEM||Solid Color Epoxy|
|FLOOR SIZE||2,000+ Square Feet|
Walk-In Coolers Get Solid Color Epoxy Floor
This solid color, high build pigmented epoxy was installed in the walk-in meat cooler at the rear of the Save-A-Lot grocery store in Harrisburg, PA. These coatings were installed after:
- The removal of the old cooler.
- Trenching of the concrete to allow for new plumbing.
- Installation of new plumbing.
- Pouring of concrete in the trenched areas.
- Installation of new cooler.
- Installation of light.
The coatings were installed in the newly rebuilt meat cooler to provide:
- High sheen and ease of cleaning.
- Safer work environment.
- USDA approved floor surface.
Along with the walk-in meat cooler, STRONGHOLD FLOORS also installed 100% solids, pigmented epoxies in their newly installed produce cooler and dry goods storage areas. These coatings had the same specifications and usage.
STRONGHOLD FLOORS has completed similar coatings in walk-in coolers at:
- Glenn Miller Beverage in Camp Hill, PA (these coolers had sand reinforced coatings with 4″ cove base).
- Zook’s Homemade Chicken Pies (this project included coolers and walk-in freezers).
Additional, Helpful Articles
Basement Epoxy Coatings & Sealing Against Radon
Epoxy Floor Coatings: What about the Cracks? (Part 1)
Epoxy Floor Coatings: 10 Tips for New Construction of Concrete Floors
5 Myths about Garage Floor Coatings
Asbestos in Your Home and What You Can Do
Epoxy Floor Coatings: What about the Cracks? What if I have a Joint? (Part 2)
Why Garage Floor Roll-Out Mats are a BAD IDEA!?!
5 Problems with Plastic Garage Floor Tiles | STRONGHOLD FLOORS