The Look of Polished Concrete without the Hassle
- Use the natural beauty of your concrete floor
- Go with high sheen or matte finish
- May include high-wear, tabular aluminum for greater scratch resistance
- Low maintenance
- Common choice for commercial and industrial floors
Clear, thin-mil coatings are often referred to as “nude floors”, since the underlying concrete shows completely.
The coatings can be combined with other flooring choices to create stunning results, such as:
- Dyes – translucent color added to the existing cement paste
- Integral color – the color is added to the concrete before installation (during the mixing of the concrete components)
- Acid staining – concrete is permanently changed using special acids that react with the cement paste
- Colored aggregate – add colored stones or other materials to the concrete during final flatwork that will show in final surface
Frequently Asked Questions about Clear, Thin-Mil Coating Systems
Are clear floor coatings slipper?
Our clear, thin-mil floor coatings, regardless of thickness or chemicals used in the system, normally feature additives to enhance slip resistance. These anti-skid materials may be aluminum-oxide, tabular aluminum, quartz or sand. Our staff will assist you in selecting the proper floor coating system.
Is this just an acrylic sealer like available at hardware stores?
Not at all. Our clear, thin-mil floor coating systems are comprised of industrial grade epoxies, urethanes, polyaspartics and/or polyureas.
Our floor coatings are not sold to the general public, as special training and equipment is normally involved in the installation process. In addition, these chemicals require specific surface preparation (such as diamond grinding or shot blasting) to properly adhere.
How durable are clear, thin-mil floor coatings?
Clear, thin-mil floor coatings vary in system construction. The topmost layer (the topcoat) will have a tremendous impact on durability. A plain epoxy topcoat will not be as durable as a High Wear urethane, polyaspartic or polyurea. Our staff will work with you to understand what types of abuse your system must withstand.
What is a common use for a clear floor coating?
A clear, thin-mil floor coating system may be found in any of the following:
- Airplane Hangars
- Auto Dealerships
- Grocery Stores
- Pole Barns
- Production Floors
- Retail Stores
- Storage Rooms