Industrial flooring for Manufacturing & other Heavy Traffic areas
Our epoxy mortar systems are available in water based and Novolac epoxy systems.
- Used to provide superior durability
- Ideal for floors exposed to very heavy traffic
- Withstands abuse from wide range of chemicals, acids, solvents, etc.
- Able to repair holes and clean up damaged surfaces
This system can be topped with another type of coating for additional capabilities. These systems typically come in Tile Red and Gray.
Our urethane mortar systems include water based cement urethanes and self-leveling versions.
- Outstanding wear performance
- Withstands higher heat exposure than typical urethanes; handles up to 300 degrees F
- Good thermal shock capabilities
- Good choice for hot wash down areas
- Withstands heavy and abusive service
- Durable shock resistance
Like the epoxy mortars, the urethane mortars only come in Tile Red and Gray.
Frequently Asked Questions about Epoxy & Urethane Mortar Systems
Are mortar systems more costly than traditional epoxies?
Yes. Epoxy and urethane mortar does cost more and is placed at a much thicker film thickness than traditional epoxies and urethanes.
What is the typical thickness of a mortar system?
Minimal thickness is often 1/8", but 1/4" is typical of urethane and epoxy mortar systems. Some systems can also be installed as a slurry/broadcast system and can be gauged thinner than 1/4".
What is thermal shock?
Thermal shock to a floor system occurs when a liquid comes in contact with the floor where there is a large temperature gradient and the resulting stress may damage the floor. Example: cleaning a very cold floor with a steam generator.
Urethane mortars can withstand the stress of thermal shock far better than concrete and typical epoxy systems.
What are typical applications for urethane mortars?
- Food Processing
- Bottling Plants
- Chemical Processing
- Walk In Coolers
What are common usages for Epoxy Mortars?
- Heavy Traffic Areas
- Forklift areas
- Food & Dairy Industries
- Paper & Pulp Industries
- Cold storage areas & freezers