Installed: Epoxy Coatings at Stay Pet Resort (Hanover, Howard County), Maryland near Baltimore airport.
This project was completed in phases during the latter part of 2013 and early 2014. Epoxy and urethane coatings applied to over 17,000 square feet and nearly 2,000 linear feet of cove base.
Items addressed by Stronghold Floors
- Upgrade former automotive paint center floors.
- Filled control joints and cracks.
- Fixed surface profile over re-poured trenches.
- Installed cove base for ease of cleaning.
- Sealed block and drywall with vertical grade epoxy coatings.
Decorative Chip Coatings on Main Floors
Our Baltimore based crews coated approximately 16,500 square feet of the concrete floor and almost 2,000 linear feet of 6″ polymer cove base. Coatings were completed in three deployments to coincide with the 3 main areas of the building.
The coating system was comprised of a layer of pigmented epoxy with a full broadcast of chips, a layer of clear epoxy and a layer of high-wear, water based urethane.
Metallic Epoxy on the Lobby Floor
The 500 square foot lobby area contains our Metallic Epoxy coatings. Comprised of a solid black epoxy, base layer with a metallic pigmented middle layer and a top coat of high wear urethane.
Mike, Dave and his team did an amazing job. I am very pleased by the results and even more importantly the customer service. My project was definitely unique and I challenged them throughout the project with new ideas. They stepped up at every turn and exceeded expectations. They worked within my budget and also the challenges of my construction schedule. For my project the floors were one of the biggest budget items and also the most tedious. It literally is the foundation for everything I do and we had one shot to get it right.
Some of the challenges of my project:
1. Metallic floors in the lobby (getting color right due to temperature changes in winter. Stronghold did it twice to make sure it was right per their suggestion.)
2. 6″ coving up each wall to provide a complete seal for the floor in a 17,000 sq. ft. building including in our 13 Villas. Amazing job!!
3. A complete custom walk up tub bathing station for dogs. Absolutely gorgeous!
I couldn’t be happier and look forward to a long term relationship with Stronghold.
Solid Color Epoxy applied vertically to seal Walls
Our teams applied 100% solids, pigmented epoxy to many of the wall surfaces to seal them and make them very scrub-able. The epoxy was applied to concrete, concrete block and drywall surfaces.
The Grand Opening near Baltimore’s BWI airport
The owner of Stay Pet Resort, Jodi, invited both Mike and Dave to attend the grand opening. During her speech to the attendees, she recognized the efforts of our team and even introduced us to other local animal facility owners.